As anyone in business knows, information is key.
Far from being an aloof, expensive and unapproachable chartered accountancy practice, Strettons aim to engage with clients on a much more basic level to establish all the facts, improve methods of communication and ultimately deliver better advice, reporting and results. By developing the systems and channels though which we share information with clients, we improve the quality of the conversation by reducing the need for preliminaries and fact finding. This in turn allows for more time to be spent on interpretation and better decision making. The gains range from reduced time spent and reduced fees for compliance work through to more effective collaboration and meaningful discussions leading to better decisions for more sophisticated organisations.
One of the ways in which we engage with our clients more efficiently is our new web-based Online Client Questionnaire. This is a secure facility designed to provide us with all the information we need to complete your accounts in a timely and cost-effective manner. You’ll find that it is:
- Timesaving - you won't have to sift through numerous questions, instead you only answer the questions that are directly relevant to you
- Intuitive - driven by your answers, a personalised checklist of records we need will be created for you
- Efficient - before you bring your records in we can review your questionnaire and be better prepared when we meet with you
- Secure - access is restricted to you and us and nobody else
- Intelligent - all pertinent information is stored making your questionnaire even easier to complete the following year
Why do we ask you to complete the questionnaire?
- Inland Revenue Department - A number of the questions we ask provide us with information we need to have on file to fulfil your income tax requirements should an audit be undertaken by the IRD
- Statutory Requirements - There are a number of Acts that businesses, Directors and Shareholders are subject to. These include the Companies Act, Financial Reporting Act, GST and IRD legislation which we need to ensure compliance with
- Turnaround - From our experience, missing information is the most common cause of delay in completing a set of Financial Statements. The questionnaires are designed to help you provide all the information we need to enable us to prepare your Financial Statements and Tax Returns in a timely manner
- Accuracy - If you provide the information we request, your Financial Statements and Tax Returns should reflect more fairly and accurately the results achieved for the year